1. Food: We recommend Original Flavor Iams adult cat food. This should be fed free choice.
2. Exercise: A large plastic wheel, preferably 12″. We recommend Carolina Storm Wheel and the Silent Spinner .
3. Bedding: Sofresh pelleted or crumbled paper bedding is the only bedding we feel is safe for your hedgehog. Please avoid other brands such as Carefresh or beddings such as fleece. Shavings should absolutely not be used unless first frozen as they tend to carry mites. Pine shavings are toxic to hedgehogs.
4. Water: A water bowl or bottle
5. Shelter: A plastic container (purchased from Walmart for $10), fish tank, or any other small mammal cage. Minimum size 2.5 ft x 1.5 ft.
6. House: Hedgehogs like to burrow and therefore need an igloo or other shelter.
7. Heat: The ambient temperature of your hedgehog’s cage must be kept between 73 and 80 degrees. Reptile heating pads work well when placed underneath the bottom of a plastic cage. There are a variety of heat lamps, some which emit no light, which your local pet store can help you choose.
We do NOT recommend the following
1. Hamster Balls
2. Heat rocks
3. Fruits or veggies
To contact us 860-377-5450 firstname.lastname@example.org.